LASER HARDENING IS THE FUTURE OF HEAT TREATING.
Laser Hardening is becoming the go-to process when it comes to hardening selective areas on tooling, operational components, and various other applications.
Some of the benefits of our Laser Hardening process consist of:
- Ability to harden selective areas vs. hardening the entire workpiece.
- Built in Pyrometry, guarantees consistent temperature control at the workpiece for repeatable results.
- Precise energy input reduces distortion and risk of cracking.
- Capable of hardening finished components reducing manufacturing cost.
- Case hardness up to .060 depth.
- Laser is mounted on a highly flexible robot with state-of-the-art software to reduce setup time and production cost.
- Base material is self-quenching, resulting in higher hardness with laser hardening.